LDAP goodness

Thursday, November 15, 2007 1:19 pm By BigLig

I'm working up a note on Bootcamp and Parallels, which I spent most of yesterday installing (and will spend most of today reinstalling, but it's a good reinstall).

But first I wanted to share some info I found on LDAP queries. I've always had trouble getting these to work - I need them in Apple Mail to do lookups against our Exchange GAL.
Imeldesign over at TekTips posted some settings that worked perfectly the instant I used them. I shall take the liberty of quoting them in full:

1. Name: Enter whatever you want here.
2. Server: Your domain controller's FQDN.
3. Search Base: leave this blank.
4. Port : 3268
5. DO NOT USE SSL
6. Scope: Select "Subtree"
7. For authentication select "Simple"
8. User Name: "domain\username_in_caps" fill in your username in caps where directed.
9. Password: fill in your login password.

0 comments: