Bad pizza, my old nemesis...

Monday, December 06, 2010 10:19 pm By BigLig

I shall have to be extra attentive to todays post, in order to avoid the scatological. Basically, I have spent the entire day in terror of what we affectionately refer to as "a incident". Unfortunately it turns out that low quality pepperoni is capable of great patience, and it was not until I sat down to write these very words that the horrors began.


Ahem.

Anyhow, I am increasingly worried about the snow in Maidenhead - or rather the lack of it. We had a centimetre or two last week, and since then nothing. It didn't even lie for more than a day or so - a heavy overnight downpour washed it all away.

This is a good thing, of course, but with the TV news each night filled with wall to wall "Britain in snow chaos" stories I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Last year I woke up one morning to see the (upstairs) bedroom windows covered in snow, and concluded that the house was buried and we were doomed. As it turned out it was just some energetic wind blowing snow onto the windows: but it still seems like it could be a possibility.

An early night, now, to rest and recover my strength for tomorrow. I have a week coming up of appointments that can come to no good for me, and need to be at my full powers. Alas, these days my full powers barely last the 24 hours of Green Lantern, and are getting closer to those of Hourman. (Whose powers last an hour. Obviously. I mean, I know the comic book references I favour are pretty obscure, but that one is kinda easy.)

0 comments: