I may quite possibly be a genius..

Monday, March 29, 2010 4:19 pm By BigLig

Decided to make some Sultana Muffins today, to distract myself from something, and, exasperated by the things I didn't have in the store cupboard, made up my own recipie.


I wasn't expecting much, but these are without doubt the best muffins I have ever tasted.

Preheat an oven to 200°C
Cut 75g of butter into dice and put in a Microwaveable container. Nuke for about 30 seconds to melt. (Once most of it is melted just swirl it round to melt the rest. Set to one side.
In a large bowl mix together 250g self-raising flour, 75g caster sugar, 3 teaspoons baking powder, one 27g sachet of microwave porridge oats, and about 250g of sultanas.
In a large jug whisk together 200ml of semi-skimmed milk, 1 egg, and the melted butter.
Now pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine with a spoon. Stir enough to get rid of any pockets of dry ingredients, but no more. It is supposed to look that lumpy.
Spoon the batter into a 6-muffin silicone baking tray.
Bake for 20 minutes.

1 comments:

justin said...

You are a genius - so precise too
as is typical of mathematician! Inpsired & impressed! Will make when kids are back from a vacation otherwise I'll scoff the lot!

8:30 pm