Another rant!

Friday, December 05, 2008 12:31 pm By BigLig

I'm not an ogre; design is hard. But when people aren;t even trying... I have a shiny new wireless telephone headset, a Jabra GN9350. Lovely sound quality, and it's super cool that I can use it with my landline and with my VoIP software. As you can see here, the charging stand has two buttons on either side. Press the left to use VoIP, press the right to use POTS. Easy.

Each button has a blue LED under it that lights up to show which mode the headset is in. This is useful to know. One of the phones rings, you glance at the stand to see if you have to change mode, and away you go. Except for one thing. You can only see the LED if you're at an angle of less than about 65 degrees to it. And if you put it flat on a desk, and then sit at it, you're at an angle of 70 degrees.

30 seconds of being used by someone over 5'8" is all it takes to spot this flaw. Sigh.

0 comments: