Lost a weekend there.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 1:23 am By BigLig

So, what happened over the weekend I didn't post? A couple of things I don't fancy talking about here, for a start. But I did have my work Xmas party, which I enjoyed very much this year. I felt a lot more comfortable than I usually do at these things for some reason. Of course, as I age I do find this sort of social interaction gets easier and easier. Youth is wasted on the young, isn't it?

One thing I am prepared to talk about is that I have been in a bit of a slump for quite a while. This writing every day is an attempt to pull myself out of that slump. I'm trying rather a lot of anti slump methods to see what works best.

One thing I'm trying, for example, is that today I didn't have an alcoholic drink. Two weeks before christmas is the best time to cut back on the booze, don't you think?

Another is to try and be more productive at work. Today I applied my old GTD principles, and swept away a huge backlog of stuff. I slumped back a bit after lunch, but it was tremendously refreshing to zero my inboxes once again.

A third is to exercise a little more. Half an hours walk at lunch time wasn't quite enough to shake away the blahs but a lot of that was a stodgy lunch. Looks like another method suggests itself - improve my diet. I have to anyhow, because loosing some weight is another priority.

But I don't want to make the old mistake of trying to change too many habits all at once. I'm pleased with what I achieved today, little that it is: and what I want is to be so pleased most days, if I can.

0 comments: