Cube!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 4:12 pm By BigLig

Interesting... Well, Cube works, so that's a result. It's a bit flaky, so I'm going to need to adjust the settings I think - start by turning as much as possible off. I really want cube and not much else.
Main problem is that the Window decorator isn't working, so I have not title bars to my windows. Some hints are here.
As usual, I find a pile of hints. At least there is a handy toolbar applet that lets me switch metacity back on to get window borders so I don't have to keep rebooting into a non-XGL session.
Things that don;t work:
using beryl-xgl
Adding Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "true" to the SCREEN section of xorg.conf.
Running gnome-settings-daemon & although this does switch me back to better fonts and icons on the close-down option of the panel, so worth doing.
Removing all but 24-bit color depths
Addidn 32 bit color depths

Back to the drawing board... Pity because now cube works a treat ;-)

0 comments: